Law & Order Return Date 2022 Updates
Looking for Law & Order return date? Here you’ll find all the Law & Order release dates 2022 information and news. When does Law & Order premiere in 2022/2023? Find out below!
Thursday, Sept. 22
8 p.m. - Law & Order
9 p.m. - Law & Order: SVU
10 p.m. - Law & Order: Organized Crime
· NBC has renewed "Law & Order" for a 22nd season and "Law & Order: Organized Crime" for a third season.
· "The iconic 'Law & Order' brand has long been synonymous with NBC and we couldn't be more excited to bring back all three of these dramas for the 2022-23 season," said Lisa Katz, President, Scripted Programming, NBCU Entertainment and Streaming. "It's a testament to the brilliance of Dick Wolf's storytelling that audiences remain compelled by these unforgettable characters week after week, year after year."
· "Dreams do come true," said executive producer Dick Wolf. "The renewals of the entire Wednesday and Thursday night lineups is the ultimate verification of our partnership with NBC and Universal Television. I personally want to thank the talented writers and casts, the producers who keep the trains running on time and the crews who tirelessly turn out outstanding shows despite a degree of difficulty never before experienced due to the pandemic."
· NBC previously renewed "Law & Order: SVU" for what will be its 24th season, extending its record as the longest-running primetime live-action series of all time.
· Since "Law & Order" returned in February 2022, NBC has ranked #1 on Thursday nights in the 18-49 demo with its all "Law & Order" franchise lineup.
LAW & ORDER
· Sam Waterston, Anthony Anderson, Jeffrey Donovan, Camryn Manheim, Hugh Dancy and Odelya Halevi star.
· Dick Wolf, Rick Eid, Arthur Forney and Peter Jankowski are executive producers.
· "Law & Order" is produced by Wolf Entertainment and Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group.
· Based on linear and digital viewing, the revival premiere of "Law & Order" that aired on Feb. 24, 2022 has amassed nearly 13 million total viewers.
LAW & ORDER
NBC is bringing back one of its most treasured and honored dramas with the 21st season of “Law & Order.” The series, which will continue the classic bifurcated format that was created for its original run, will once again examine “the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders.”
“Law & Order” is executive produced by Dick Wolf, Rick Eid, Arthur Forney and Peter Jankowski. The series will be produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Wolf Entertainment.
· NBC is bringing back one of its most treasured and honored dramas with the 21st season of "Law & Order." The series, which will continue the classic bifurcated format that was created for its original run, will once again examine "the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders."
· "There are very few things in life that are literally dreams come true," said creator and executive producer Dick Wolf. "This is mine."
· "'Law & Order' is quite simply one of the most iconic shows in television history, and the idea of continuing its legacy and partnering with Dick on an all-new season is nothing short of exhilarating" said Susan Rovner, Chairman, Entertainment Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming, "This is great news for NBC as well as TV fans everywhere."
· "The return of the flagship 'Law & Order' series for a pivotal 21st season is a proud moment for Dick and a proud moment for us, his studio partners," said Pearlena Igbokwe, Chairman, Universal Studio Group.
· The series was nominated for more than 50 Emmy Awards and won in 1997 for Outstanding Drama Series.
· A premiere date and cast will be announced at a later date.
· "Law & Order" will be executive produced by Dick Wolf, Rick Eid (writer/showrunner), Arthur Forney and Peter Jankowski.
· The series will be produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Wolf Entertainment.
At the time of its cancellation, Law & Order was the longest-running crime series and the second-longest-running drama series in the history of television.
The brainchild of creator Dick Wolf, "Law & Order" is the most successful brand in primetime television. It is the 1997 Emmy Award winner for Outstanding Drama Series and the record holder for the most consecutive (11) nominations in that category for a primetime series (tied with "Cheers" and "M*A*S*H"). It has also become one of entertainment's preeminent brands, with its successful spinoffs "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."
Filmed entirely on location in New York, the realistic program looks at crime and justice from a dual perspective. In the first half-hour, Detective Cyrus Lupo (Jeremy Sisto) and his new partner, Detective Kevin Bernard (Anthony Anderson), investigate crimes and apprehend suspects under the supervision of their precinct lieutenant, Anita Van Buren (S. Epatha Merkerson). In the second half-hour, the focus shifts to the criminal courts as Chief Assistant District Attorney Michael Cutter (Linus Roache) and the Executive Assistant District Attorney Connie Rubirosa (Alana De La Garza) work within a complicated justice system to prosecute the accused under the guidance of the newly appointed District Attorney Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston).
Some cases may be simple, but most are multi-faceted. The investigations are challenging, prosecutions are complicated, and decisions about legal procedures and plea-bargaining are vexing. In the arduous and complex process of determining guilt and innocence, lives often hang in the balance. (NBC)
Law & Order Release Dates 2022/2023
Searching for upcoming Law & Order premiere dates? Check out all the latest Law & Order release dates 2022, 2023 and beyond!