Vikings: Valhalla Season 1 release date 2022/2023? Vikings: Valhalla TV series cancelled or renewed for Season 1 on Netflix? When does Netflix show Vikings: Valhalla Season 1 premiere? We have all the rumors and official announcements for Vikings: Valhalla Season 1 premiere date.
Has Vikings: Valhalla Season 1 been cancelled or renewed? When does Vikings: Valhalla return in 2022/2023? Vikings: Valhalla? We have the very latest Vikings: Valhalla cancel/renewal status and Vikings: Valhalla premiere date:
Vikings: Valhalla Premiere Date/Status
Vikings: Valhalla SEASON 1 Premiere Date Set On Netflix
Vikings: Valhalla TV Series Information
MORE "VIKINGS: VALHALLA" IS ON THE WAY! NETFLIX CONFIRMS SEASONS TWO AND THREE
Jeb Stuart Returns As Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer
Season One Climbs to #1 on the Netflix Top 10 with 113M Hours Viewed, Reaching the Top 10 in 90 countries
· Netflix has confirmed a Second and Third season of Vikings: Valhalla.
· Production of Season Two has wrapped, with the series expected to return to Netflix audiences around the world in 2023. Season Three begins production this spring. [The drama series was previously announced as a 24-episode pickup, this announcement confirms a total of three, eight-episode seasons.]
· Jeb Stuart returns as Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer of both Season Two and Season Three.
· Sam Corlett (Leif Eriksson), Frida Gustavsson (Freydis Eriksdotter) and Leo Suter (Harald Sigurdsson), among others, will reprise their roles.
· Vikings: Valhalla Season One premiered February 25 and ranks #1 on the Netflix Top 10 for the week of 2/28 with 113.38M hours viewed, making the Top 10 in 90 countries. The series garnered 80.5M hours viewed during its first two days the week prior bringing it to an impressive 194M hours viewed in its first nine days.
· Jeb Stuart, Vikings: Valhalla Creator, Showrunner, Executive Producer: "Fans of Valhalla -- THANK YOU to the millions of you who have watched (and rewatched!) Season One. The numbers have been mind-boggling and beyond my wildest expectations. I'm thrilled to be able to confirm that we wrapped and are already editing Season Two and that production will start soon on Season Three. While the storylines for Leif, Freydis, Harald, Olaf, Canute and the rest of our amazing cast are secret, I can say without hesitation that their journeys will be even more epic than what you've seen so far. SKÅL!!!"
· Peter Friedlander, Head of US/Canada Scripted Series, Netflix: "The fans have spoken and we couldn't be more thrilled than to bring them more of the epic adventure and heart-pounding action they love. Jeb Stuart has masterfully taken this beloved saga 125 years into the future and introduced a whole new generation of Vikings and stories that have resonated with new and existing fans all over the world. There is plenty more to avenge and more battles to fight!"
· Logline: Season One of VIKINGS: VALHALLA - now streaming - chronicles the heroic adventures of some of the most famous Vikings who ever lived - the legendary explorer Leif Eriksson (Sam Corlett), his fiery and headstrong sister Freydis Eriksdotter (Frida Gustavsson), and the ambitious Nordic prince Harald Sigurdsson (Leo Suter). As tensions between the Vikings and the English royals reach a bloody breaking point and as the Vikings themselves clash over their conflicting Christian and pagan beliefs, these three Vikings begin an epic journey that will take them across oceans and through battlefields, from Kattegat to England and beyond, as they fight for survival and glory.
· Season Two Executive Producers: Jeb Stuart, Morgan O'Sullivan, Michael Hirst, Sheila Hockin, Steve Stark, James Flynn, John Weber, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, and Paul Buccieri
· Vikings: Valhalla is based on the series Vikings created by Michael Hirst.
· Studio: MGM Television
VIKINGS: VALHALLA begins February 25, 2022.
Set over a thousand years ago in the early 11th century, Vikings: Valhalla chronicles the heroic adventures of some of the most famous Vikings who ever lived - the legendary explorer Leif Eriksson (Sam Corlett), his fiery and headstrong sister Freydis Eriksdotter (Frida Gustavsson), and the ambitious Nordic prince Harald Sigurdsson (Leo Suter). As tensions between the Vikings and the English royals reach a bloody breaking point and as the Vikings themselves clash over their conflicting Christian and pagan beliefs, these three Vikings begin an epic journey that will take them across oceans and through battlefields, from Kattegat to England and beyond, as they fight for survival and glory. VIKINGS: Valhalla, set over a hundred years after the end of the original VIKINGS series, is a new adventure that blends historical authenticity and drama with gritty, immersive action. From showrunner and executive producer Jeb Stuart, Valhalla is also executive produced by Morgan O'Sullivan, Michael Hirst, Sheila Hockin, Steve Stark, James Flynn, John Weber, Sherry Marsh and Alan Gasmer, Paul Buccieri, and also stars Bradley Freegard, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson, David Oakes, Laura Berlin and Caroline Henderson.
NETFLIX ANNOUNCES NEW SERIES "VIKINGS: VALHALLA"
--New Chapter in the Vikings Saga From MGM Television Continues Creator Michael Hirst's Epic Story--
--Jeb Stuart To Write and Executive Produce New Series--
Netflix today announced Vikings: Valhalla, a new original series from creator Michael Hirst that continues the storytelling of his beloved epic Vikings saga.
Logline: The new saga begins 100 years after the original series concludes and dramatizes the adventures of the most famous Vikings who ever lived - Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Harada and the Norman King William the Conqueror (also a Viking descendant). These men and women will blaze new paths as they fight for survival in an ever changing and evolving Europe. This is the explosive next chapter of the Vikings legend.
Executive Producer: Michael Hirst (Vikings, The Tudors), Jeb Stuart (The Fugitive, Die Hard, The Liberator) and Morgan O'Sullivan (Vikings, Penny Dreadful).
Studio: MGM Television
Michael Hirst Quote: "I am beyond excited that we are announcing the continuation of our Vikings saga. I know that the millions of our fans across the globe will be thrilled by the belief being shown in our show by MGM and Netflix. Jeb Stuart, a truly wonderful writer, will bring new story-lines and a powerful visceral vision to stories about some of the most famous Vikings known to history."
MGM TV quote: "We are thrilled to be partnering with Michael, Morgan, Jeb and Netflix on the next chapter in the incredible Vikings universe. Valhalla has been a labor of love for everyone involved and as we look ahead to the continuation of this great saga, we are excited to know that fans the world over will have the opportunity to continue with the series on its new home at Netflix." Steve Stark, MGM's President of Television Production and Development.
Netflix Quote: "Vikings: Valhalla promises to be everything that fans love about the franchise: heart-pounding, unstoppable action rooted in rich characters and dramatic storytelling that shines the light on family, loyalty and power. We are thrilled to bring the next iteration of the Vikings saga to life with Michael Hirst, Jeb Stuart, Morgan O'Sullivan and MGM Television." Channing Dungey, Vice President, Original Series, Netflix.