The Canvas: Los Angeles Season 1 release date 2021/2022? The Canvas: Los Angeles TV series cancelled or renewed for Season 1 on Fuse? When does Fuse show The Canvas: Los Angeles Season 1 premiere? We have all the rumors and official announcements for The Canvas: Los Angeles Season 1 premiere date.
Has The Canvas: Los Angeles Season 1 been cancelled or renewed? When does The Canvas: Los Angeles return in 2021/2022? The Canvas: Los Angeles? We have the very latest The Canvas: Los Angeles cancel/renewal status and The Canvas: Los Angeles premiere date:
The Canvas: Los Angeles Premiere Date/Status
The Canvas: Los Angeles SEASON 1 Premiere Date Set On Fuse
The Canvas: Los Angeles TV Series Information
"THE CANVAS: Los Angeles" PREMIERES OCTOBER 6 ON FUSE
New eight-episode docuseries profiles one-of-a-kind artists inspired by the culture of Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES AND NEW YORK -- August 24, 2021 -- Storytelling and art are the lifeblood of Los Angeles, a city home to some of the world's most legendary creators. In an ode to these visionaries, the new docuseries The Canvas: Los Angeles - premiering October 6 on Fuse - gives an intimate look into the unconventional journeys of some of the city's most enigmatic visual artists making their mark today. These talented artists are forging their own path, and proving that drive, determination and an entrepreneurial spirit beat formal training any day. Season one's eight half-hour episodes feature a different artist each week, and viewers will get a first-hand look at the vibrant and diverse communities and culture of Los Angeles, where the city itself plays a distinctive character in every episode.
The Canvas' diverse and fascinating stories include an apparel designer from the streets of Venice, an artist from El Centro who fuses political and social consciousness into his work, and a director from South Central collaborating with some of music's most influential artists. The Canvas: Los Angeles profiles these incomparable creators and their journeys into the heart of self-expression.
Featured artists include:
· Calmatic, director (South Central)
· Raised in South Central, Los Angeles, Calmatic is a self-taught filmmaker who discovered his passion for telling stories at a young age. As a director, he strives to humanize others' unique experiences without infusing them with negative stereotypes. He seeks to stretch the limits of his viewers' reality while highlighting the beauty in the mundane. His creative curiosity has allowed him to solidify a place for himself in a constantly evolving industry.
· Ernesto Yerena, mixed-media artist (Boyle Heights)
· Ernesto Yerena Montejano was born in El Centro, CA, a mid-sized farming town bordering Mexicali, BC, MX. Fueled by his cross-national upbringing, his art practice reflects his observations of the views and interactions between the Mexican communities living on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border. Yerena shares narratives of his conflicts of identity that he feels are kindred to what many Chicanos of these communities experience.
· Mark "Peaced" Pangilian, photographer and creative director (East Hollywood/Echo Park/Silverlake)
· Mark "Peaced" Pangilinan is a photographer born in the Philippines and raised in Los Angeles, CA. Growing up all over Los Angeles - he spent time in East Hollywood, Silverlake, and Echo Park - heavily influenced his career and work. Mark's photography encompasses fashion, music and documentary storytelling.
· Guadalupe Rosales, artist and educator (East Los Angeles)
· Guadalupe Rosales is a multidisciplinary artist and educator best known for her community-generated archival projects, "Veteranas and Rucas" and "Map Pointz." The projects manifested in 2015 from the under/misrepresentation and historical erasure of Latin@/x communities in Southern California.
· Chris "Spanto" Printup, brand owner (Venice)
· Venice native and co-founder of streetwear label, BornxRaised, which launched in 2013 after Spanto was released from a year-long sentence in prison. The brand was literally born and raised from sketches he made on a manila folder he got from the commissary.
· Joshua Vides, reality to idea artist (Fairfax/Rancho Cucamonga/Rialto)
· Joshua Vides is a Southern California-based graphic designer, visual artist and a first-generation Guatemalan. Vides was born and raised in Rialto, CA but moved to Los Angeles early in life to pursue his career. His work defines the premise of pop art through immersive illustrations and a range of limited products.
· Estevan Oriol, photographer (Los Angeles)
· Estevan Oriol is an American of Mexican-Italian descent and photographer and music video director. His work, which encompasses the essence of Los Angeles, has been featured in magazines and reflects Los Angeles' urban and gang culture. He's also photographed many celebrities.
· Ann-Marie Hoang "MSTR OF DISGUISE," wardrobe stylist (Gardena / Torrance / Hollywood)
· Ann-Marie Hoang is a wardrobe stylist and environmental vibe setter, also known as Mstr Of Disguise. Her style influence is on display in music videos including Ariana Grandes "7 Rings" & "Thank You, Next", Drake "POPSTAR", and YG "Loko."